Friday, July 6, 2012

Homeschooling


I think that homeschoolers have a better education and time throughout life.    The curriculum that I have is called SOS (Switched On Schoolhouse).  It’s a program that you can bring with you on a laptop.  The downside is that sometimes the lesson doesn’t explain itself very well and I have to ask help from one of my parents.
I love homeschooling because I don’t have to get up early at all!  I can sleep in until as late as 10 o’clock when I had a previous long day.  But my mom is always trying to get us up earlier.  She recently came up with several schedules, one for each child.  She isn’t very strict with the getting up times but I have to get up at around 8:30 – which is really early for me.
But the thing with homeschooling is that you can get behind in your homework.  It just keeps piling up and piling up and you can’t keep up with it!  Sometimes, when I get too far behind in homework, I get depressed.  The farthest that I’ve ever been behind is 70 lessons.  But it was under control then because I was focusing on language arts and nothing else.  Right now, I’m about 35 lessons behind.  I’ll be able to catch up but it’ll be a while.
Also, you can go on vacations when it’s still school time.  When I was about six, I went to Legoland.  It was sometime in the fall and the lines were really short (there were almost no lines in some places).  I went four times on a ride that I really liked without any waiting.  We got in small Legoish cars and you could drive around a little city-street with stop signs and stop lights galore!

This is one of the best rides at Lego Land!!! :D



I think that homeschooling is one of the best experiences.

3 comments:

  1. and I am very happy to be able to homeschool you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should write a blog about how I'm glad that I'm NOT going to regular school! :D

      Delete
    2. Not that a person can't do very well in regular school, as many young Americans prove every day, of course.

      Delete