Monday, July 16, 2012

Living in the Mountains


For me, if I lived in the city, I’d die within three days.  I really really really really love the mountains!  Even if living in the mountains means that my Mom has a wild tarantula on her finger or I have a scorpion on my bed or in the sink* I’d rather live in the mountains.  Why?  I was born in the city, I admit, but I have lived almost my whole life in the mountains.  The only time that I haven’t lived in the mountains, I was in the small city that’s next to our town.

This is my opinion of the mountains: I love the mountains because they’re beautiful and fresh.  I wake up almost every morning early and listen to the sound of millions (maybe a little less) of birds.  I see a deer with her fawn and a little later another mother with her fawns.  I hear a scrub-jay squawking loudly outside, and I read my book.  Our neighbor down the road has chickens and the roosters start crowing at around 4:45 a.m. and don’t stop until around 9:30 p.m.

I suppose that some people like cities, but I can’t see why.  Some are just... born liking cities.  The majority in the U.S. live in cities but I am not part of the majority.  Cities can be fun in their own way though.  You can go shopping and get great stuff and you can go to cool places.  Most museums are in cities.  I pretty much think that cities are a nice place to visit… but I wouldn’t like to live there.  But I love the mountains. :-)




*This actually happened.  So, if your squeamish, I wouldn’t suggest living like me:


This is the young tarantula that Mom had on her finger.
A moth decided that our house was a good place for eggs.

And they hatch! :)
A June Bug at our front door.



Deer in our backyard.  Now, we've got two families - one has a
single baby and one has a couple siblings.

6 comments:

  1. Good job! Are you going to write the black widow story sometime? ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Forgot about that! I don't think that It'd be long enough for an entire blog though. Do ya think I should people-who-are-reading-this? Leave a response and state your thought if ya will. Thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. Ms Koum, I agree with your thoughts on mountains vs. cities. Let's hear about the black widow next, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can't leave us hanging like that! You'll just have to write the black widow story now! I feel the same about the mountains as well, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay! The story'll be coming up in a few days... maybe three? Around there. Thanks for your input! :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for both of your replies! THE STORY IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good time reading.

    ReplyDelete