Friday, September 14, 2012

One More Review


Hello again!  In my last post, I have received requests to write more reviews on movies that I’ve seen.  And in the last post, I forgot one TV show that I used to watch.  And here’s my review of it:

H20; Just Add Water! (TV show)

This show is great for girls from 4 to 13.  It’s about three girls called Emma, Rikki, and Cleo from Australia (I’ve always wanted to go to Australia) who are mermaids.  They obtained their… mermaidness by getting lost in a boat when they used up all of the gas.  The only land in sight was an island so they rowed to it.
Emma had a phone with her, but it didn’t get reception on the beach, so they began hiking to higher grounds.  They made it to a creek with two huge slabs of rock and between the two slabs, the creek had worn away at the rock so one had to jump to the other side.  Emma and Rikki successfully made the jump across but after Cleo jumped, she fell into a hole on the other side.  Emma slid down to try and help her, but then Rikki came down too, not knowing what else to do.

They found themselves in a cave. The way back out was too steep to climb.  They went further into the cave and found a pool of water that was connected to the ocean.  Directly above the pool was an opening in the mountain.  It was obviously a volcano that had been dormant for hundreds of years and most certainly wasn’t going to blow just then.

Emma jumped into the pool and swam to the ocean to make sure that there was a way out.  She came back with encouraging news: It was a rather short swim to freedom.  But Cleo wasn’t one to be optimistic.  She was afraid of water.  After hours of coaxing, they finally got her into the pool.  It was midnight and a full moon.  As the moon shone down onto the pool, although the girls didn’t know it, they had achieved their mermaidness.

As a result, every time they come in contact with water, even the smallest drop, after ten seconds pass they become mermaids.  They also gained powers.  Cleo can control water, Emma can freeze it, and Rikki can boil it.  They can use the powers whenever they want to.

They have to keep their mermaid tails a secret.  If anyone finds out then, of course, they will be experimented on.  The only one who knows their fateful secret is Lewis, Cleo’s to-be boyfriend.  I shall not tell you anything more about this.  If you want to know what happens, watch it on Netflix or YouTube.  I’d suggest Netflix though.

So that’s pretty much it!  I’ll write another post about books I love if you like!  Please leave your thoughts in the comments below and as always, have a great day! J

8 comments:

  1. Great review! It is a pretty cute show, and you described it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great description! I can see the story unfolding in my mind's eye. I might have to check this show out, even though I am not a girl 4-13. Don't tell anyone, k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha! Thanks! :D! I won't tell a soul.

      Delete
    2. No problem George... My son & daughter and I all loved this show when we found it from Australian Internet; yet, we're outside both Talitha's gender & age limits! Now it's on Nick TV in America too, yeah!

      Delete
  3. I forgot to mention that you might like BBC's Merlin. It is on Netflix. It's about Camelot, Prince Arthur etc. I think your brothers will like it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try it out! One brother has already started watching it though. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your review great detail. It has made me want to check out this show.

    ReplyDelete