Friday, September 7, 2012

My Ratings


Hello!  Today, I’m going to write about something a little different than usual.  I’m going to review some movies/TV shows that I’ve watched.  And before you get started on the ratings, I’d like you all to know that I don’t have television.  I watch almost everything on Netflix, unless I watch it in the movie theaters.  So, I’m going to start my rating list with:

The Goonies 
-10 out of 10
There’s swearing, inappropriate and fat jokes, and stupid people in eighties hairstyles (I really don’t care for the eighties).  It’s about a family that really does love each other, but pretends not to because it’s “cool”.
The plotline is that the main character and his “buddies” find an old treasure map.  They decide to find the treasure because they’re poor and are going to sell their house.  They set off to find it and run into some thieves who are after it, too.  The main characters somehow manage to get to the treasure first, and they get it.  After some trouble, they get back home with some treasure and live happily ever after.

War Horse
3 out of 10
If you enjoy laughing at melodrama, watch War Horse.  It’s supposed to be dramatic and sad, but they messed up terribly.  They overdid the drama to the point that my big brother was trying not to have a fit of laughter when watching it in the theater. He didn’t want to be rude. (At least, I hope that was his intention lol!)  War Horse was directed by Steven Spielberg, who needs to steer well away from melodrama from now on.  But the photography was good and the horses were beautiful.  Spielberg also made my least favorite movie, The Goonies.

The Office
9 out of 10
I think that this comedy TV show is one of the funniest things that I’ve ever watched.  It’s not great for kids 10 and under though.  It can be inappropriate at times.  We have to fast-forward some parts, and we even had to skip a few episodes due to its inappropriateness.  It really could cut down on some of the jokes, too.  But the characters are loveable and adorable in their own obnoxious way, and you just wanna keep watching it all night.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
9 out of 10
This movie is wonderful.  It’s acceptable for children of 7 and up because it would be boring to the younger ones.  It’s about a guy who is appointed to fill a place for a guy that either had died or was fired… I can’t remember which.  He’s just a normal guy at the first glance, but when he goes into office, he changes positively everything.  There’s betrayal, lies, and love in Mr. Smith’s life as an office member.

Tangled
9 out of 10
It’s a movie that is great for the whole family on movie night.  It’s fun, quirky, and never gets old.  It’s not the best movie for boys, but my brothers didn’t hate it.  They gave it a rating of 5 stars out of 10.

Dr. Who
20 out of 10
Read my other blog post ‘The Most Awesome Show IN THE WORLD’.  I think that the title pretty much sums it up, though.

So, that’s pretty much it!  Thanks for reading and have a good day! J

6 comments:

  1. I love how you just bust through both ends of the rating range to make your point. I will definitely NOT watch The Goonies!

    I hope you keep this blog going through the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha! After I watched The Goonies, I was disturbed for at least the rest of the day. I'm going to try to keep my blog going but I'm not going to be able to post much.

      Delete
    2. Interesting analysis. I thought you liked The Goonies until I looked again at your MINUS10 rating. What disturbed you most? Except for the annoying fat jokes, my family thinks it's great fun... Kid adventure, modern day pirate treasure fun, that ends like a fairy tale.

      The Office is adult funny, but it never grabbed me as one to follow, but I'd agree with your Dr Who rating. Every episode I've seen has been excellent and exciting. And the British accent doesn't hurt either :-)

      Keep it up, I'll follow.

      Delete
    3. Lots of people like the Goonies but it's just not my kind of movie. I just find the jokes somewhat disturbing. The ending is sweet though. I'm glad that you like it! :)
      Not everyone likes the office but I'm a giant fan of Dr. Who!!! My favorite doctor is David Tennant. It's hard to believe that he's Scottish! He has such a good british accent. Go Dr. Who!
      BTW, does anyone want me to write more movie reviews?

      Delete
  2. Yes, write one about the show with those girls who turn into mermaids! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay! But it's called 'H20; just add water'. I'll write the post soon. :)

      Delete